The History of Media Literacy Symposium is held on the CCE-Providence Campus, 80 Washington Street, in downtown Providence. Select a nearby hotel or bed-and-breakfast in Providence. Some options include:
- Thursday 9/19 at 4:30, the food trucks line up at Burnside Park, Beergarden with wine and beer, and free live music starting at 5:30: Grupo Sazon, an amazing Latin band featuring master percussionist Jesus Andujar.
- After the sun goes down on Thursday, there is a free outdoor screening of St. Elmo’s Fire, next door to the URI Providence campus building (free)
- Saturday 9/21 is Waterfire, award-winning performance of fire, water and music which takes place beginning at sundown (lighting is as 6:46 pm) on the rivers downtown (free)
Coffee, Wine Bar, Grocery
- Gourmet Heaven – grocery and gourmet prepared foods
- Small Point Cafe – coffee shop
- Ellie’s – bakery and coffee
- Eno – upscale wine, beer and sprits
- The Eddy
- The Dorrance
- Local 121
- Viva Mexico
- Local 121
- The Dorrance
- Mills Tavern
- New Rivers
Shopping and Dining
- InDowncity: Downtown shopping and dining options. Great gifts can be found on Westminster Street at Craftland, Homestyle, Symposium Books, Modern Love/Queen of Hearts, Civil, Clover, Wharf and more
- Yelp.com listing of Providence restaurants
- IgoUgo listing of Providence restaurants
- Providence Place Mall is walking distance to the CCE Providence Campus
- Omni Providence Valet parking is available at a rate of $28/day.
- Hampton Inn & Suites in Downtown Providence Valet parking is available at a rate of $25/day. There is an Airport Shuttle to and from the hotel ($10 fee). There is also a complimentary shuttle service to the Amtrak station and the bus station in Kennedy Plaza. Close to the CCE-Providence Campus.
- Biltmore Hotel Historic 1922 hotel, walking distance to the CCE-Providence Campus
- Hotel Providence. Closest to the CCE-Providence Campus.
- Hotel Dolce Vita. Small hotel in the Italian Federal Hill neighborhood. Rooms from $89/night.
- Christopher Dodge House. Charming bed and breakfast in a Federal-style mansion, short walk from downtown. Rooms from $129/night.
- Comfort Inn, Airport. 15-minute drive to downtown. Rooms from $60/night.
- Newport International Hostel. For budget travellers. 30-minute drive to downtown. Rooms from $20/night. Book early.
- Airbnb Offers a great selection of short-stay rooms, apartments, condos and homes in downtown Providence from as little as $30/night.
- Yelp.com provides user-generated reviews of hotels in Providence
- TripAdvisor offers reviews of hotels in Providence and nearby Seekonk and Warwick
- CitySearch listing of lodging near Providence, RI
- Travel Portal lists Providence hotels that may offer reduced rates